Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sarajevo Film Festival

The Sarajevo film festival started yesterday and features a number of movies made by European film makers.  I did not recognize any of the names of the films or film makers whose works will be featured at the film festival except for Woody Allen who has a new movie out.  I have seen signs around the city since I have been here advertising the film festival so I thought it might be neat to go down town to see what it was all about.  Wasn't what I had thought.  There was only one place where things were taking place.  Outside of the theater was the red carpet but when I was there it was empty.  Then there was an area with tents set up, and gated off, and all of these people in their fancy dress were going in.  I thought if I just act natural I could walk past security but then chickened out.  I don't know if the people would have a sense of humor and I don't need to get myself in trouble in a foreign country.









No comments:

Post a Comment