Monday, July 22, 2013

Lets go out to the movies

There is a nice movie theater down town called Cinema City that I have been to twice (went to see Superman and The Lone Ranger).  First, the movies are in English but have subtitles in Croat-Serbian.  Second, tickets are very cheap.  It is about 5km, which is a little over $3 US.  Back home it is $10 a ticket or $8 if I have a coupon.  I asked why is it so cheap and was told that since the average salary is a lot less, if they were to charge more they wouldn't sell any tickets.  Besides the price the only thing that is different is that when you buy tickets they show you a computer screen that has the seating plan of the theater and you have to pick what seats you want rather then just walking in and sitting wherever you want.  It shows you what seats have been sold and what are still available.  What was funny is when I went to see The Lone Ranger I was the first person to buy tickets so all of the seats were available.  Then 5 more tickets were sold and the people picked the seats on both sides of me, so that was a little weird.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Lone Ranger! Did you like it? I thought Johnny Depp was great. My favorite line, I think, was "What does Kemosabe mean" and Tonto's response!

    Nice to have an English-speaking theater near you. Are you learning any of the native language?

    Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the Lone Ranger was pretty good but it got panned by the critics.

    As for the language, I haven't really learned anything yet. I have tried but I just can't get it.

    ReplyDelete